Definición de interregnum en inglés:
sustantivo (plural interregnums or interregna /-nə/)
1A period when normal government is suspended, especially between successive reigns or regimes.
- Ancient Mesopotamia is a symbolic resource for a future Iraq as it was once before during a short interregnum before the Ba'athist regime came to power in 1963.
- It is for this reason that the imagery of the 1990s as an interregnum is somewhat misleading.
- They couldn't get him out of committee during the Democratic interregnum.
1.2An interval between the periods of office of two incumbents in a parish.
- The optimum time for the church to discuss the possible resignation of the pope would be during an interregnum - after a pope's death and before the cardinals elect his successor.
- During our church's interregnum last year, his strength and gifting as a preacher became apparent to the leadership.
- After a long interregnum, worshippers at the historic Tottlebank Baptist Church at Bouth, near Greenodd, celebrated the induction of a new pastor on Saturday.
late 16th century (denoting temporary rule between reigns or during suspension of normal government): from Latin, from inter- 'between' + regnum 'reign'.
Definición de interregnum en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan