Definición de interstadial en inglés:
Relating to a minor period of less cold climate during a glacial period. Compare with interglacial.
- Between 20000 and 105000 BP the GRIP and GISP2 cores record 22 warm interstadial events reflecting extremely rapid climatic change in the North Atlantic.
- The value of - 9 m for Robe Range relates to deposition during interstadial 5c rather than during the interglacial maximum.
- Robe 11 and Robe III refer respectively to interstadial Substages Sa and Sc according to the terminology of Schwebel.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An interstadial period.
- At Vostok, however, only nine interstadials are recorded in the same time period.
- Data from the GRIP ice core from Greenland show that this cold period was not uniformly cold and 24 interstadials are recognized (DansgaardOeschger events).
- And even the glacial periods themselves are divided into colder phases and temperate interstadials.
Definición de interstadial en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan