- 1The action or process of intervening: a high degree of state intervention in the economy [count noun]: repeated interventions by central banksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The result is one of the simplest artistic interventions I have ever seen and one of the most unforgettable.
- However, these incentives are often distorted by interventions in the market.
- Many have raised several matters that Ann's kindly interventions have resolved.
- 1.1Interference by a state in another’s affairs: the government was reported to be considering military interventionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Does the goal of defending or developing democracy justify military intervention and occupation of a country?
- There is growing global resentment concerning Americas policy of intervention in global affairs.
- Globalisation accelerates both the economic and military impact of imperialist intervention.
- 1.2Action taken to improve a medical disorder: two patients were referred for surgical interventionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The data will be analysed for possible trends and ways to improve and target medical intervention.
- Lack of medical intervention can lead to disability, pain, and reduced functioning.
- One child exhibited odd behaviour and one mild respiratory depression requiring no medical intervention.
- 1.3 [count noun] An occasion on which a person with an addiction or other behavioural problem is confronted by a group of friends or family members in an attempt to persuade them to address the issue: as her health worsened, her daughters considered staging an interventionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You need an intervention to save you from yourself.
- Once you decide to have an intervention, planning and preparation are the keys to success.
- She has revealed an intervention staged by her daughters finally prompted her to seek help for addiction issues.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Besides interventional campaigns for prevention, there must also be rejection from within, of habits such as smoking
- This not only results in less risk to the patient, but is also reassuring to the interventional cardiologist in that any emergency complication is unlikely when the patient leaves the hospital.
- Over 15 cardiologists, five surgeons, five interventional radiologists and two vascular surgeons are attached to the Metro Heart Hospital.
late Middle English: from Latin interventio(n-), from the verb intervenire (see intervene).