Definición de intervocalic en inglés:
Occurring between vowels: in intervocalic position
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- South Indians tend to geminate voiceless intervocalic obstruents, as in ‘Americ-ca’.
- Consonant cluster reduction and intervocalic /t/ voicing, however, are better indicators of speech patterns, for they are far less likely than negative contraction to be regulated by a style policy.
- In compounds like Sugihara there is, and has been, variation as to what counts as intervocalic position.
- Example sentences
- In that tradition, written ‘h’ is not pronounced except intervocalically, where it is pronounced /k /; thus mihi is [miki].
Definición de intervocalic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia