- 1(In vertebrates) the lower part of the alimentary canal from the end of the stomach to the anus. See also large intestine, small intestine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The digestive tract consists of a mouth, buccal cavity, esophagus, stomach, two-section intestine, and anus.
- A layer of mucus lines the stomach, oesophagus and intestines to act as a barrier against this acid.
- The pouches may be noticed during a barium enema, when a liquid is inserted into the intestine through the anus and an X-ray of the abdomen is taken.
- 1.1(Especially in invertebrates) the whole alimentary canal from the mouth downward.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a live specimen food particles can be seen passing through the intestine which terminates at the anus located on the postabdomen.
late Middle English: from Latin intestinum, neuter of intestinus, from intus 'within'.
Más definiciones de intestineDefinición de intestine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.