A style of painting showing intimate views of domestic interiors using impressionist techniques, used by artists such as Bonnard in the early 20th century.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Far from twee though, these works are rooted in the gutsy intimism of Bonnard and Vuillard.
- Clearly, this is no accident of intimism, but the artist at play with ambiguity and abstraction.
- Mr. Tuttle's rapturous brand of intimism in the form of exquisite assemblages caress the walls of the Whitney Museum.
intimist adjetivo& sustantivo
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Static, balanced and hushed, this painting is both classical and intimist in spirit.
- Relying on this intimist perspective, Flam's discussions of individual paintings sometimes depart startlingly from others' readings of the same material.
- These intimist images project a color-saturated density that is unique in Seidman's work to date.
Definición de intimism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.