Definición de intoxicate en inglés:
- We don't allow people into sessions if they are intoxicated by alcohol or drugs.
- The person is intoxicated through alcohol or drugs
- Kids who abuse inhalants often look and act as if they're intoxicated from drinking alcohol.
- The excitement and anticipation of the opportunity intoxicated him.
- When she was certain that the embrace intoxicated him enough, she moved quickly and grasped the knife from his belt and pulled away harshly.
- Language intoxicated Vijayan; he delighted in the rhythms of Malayalam and its versatility in evoking the many moods of native landscapes and feeling.
toxic from mid 17th century:
Toxic is from medieval Latin toxicus ‘poisoned’: this comes from the Greek phrase toxikon (pharmakon) ‘(poison for) arrows’, from toxon ‘bow’. Intoxicate (Late Middle English) comes from the related toxicum ‘a poison’. The association with alcohol is found from the late 16th century.
Palabras que riman con intoxicatedesiccate • masticate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.