Definición de intoxicating en inglés:
1(Of alcoholic drink or a drug) liable to cause someone to lose control of their faculties or behaviour.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They must also abstain from intoxicating drinks or drugs, and live a life of celibacy.
- Further, monks, a noble disciple gives up the taking of what is not given gives up sexual misconduct gives up wrong speech gives up intoxicating drinks and drugs causing heedlessness, and abstains from them.
- Refrain from intoxicating drink and drugs which lead to carelessness
1.1Exhilarating or exciting: an intoxicating sense of freedom
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was no free ride, but it was a very exciting, intoxicating time for me.
- You use your whole experience in a hunt and chase which will hopefully result in an exhilarating, intoxicating experience in some of the most awesome surroundings on the planet.
- He could smell her exhilarant, intoxicating scent, he could taste her lips, her saliva.
- intoxicatingly adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The duo's series of massive photographic projections - an intoxicatingly ambient post-modernist take on the pathetic fallacy - were no less than dynamic, and must without further ado be purchased for the nation.
- Politicians have, over the years, made repeated attempts to make our city unlivable, exciting and intoxicatingly dangerous by providing citizens with the arousing notion that any evening out could end up in trouble.
- Balance, taste, consistency, all the skills I had worked so have to develop were blown away by page after page of vulgar, monstrous, intoxicatingly bold letterforms.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda