sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A substance secreted by the stomach which enables the body to absorb vitamin B12. It is a glycoprotein.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The vitamin is then bound by intrinsic factor, a protein secreted by parietal cells of the stomach, and carried to the ileum where it is absorbed.
- Your stomach needs to secrete intrinsic factor in order to absorb B12, and if for some reason it doesn't, you will need to have regular vitamin B12 injections.
- Without intrinsic factor, vitamin B - 12 can't be absorbed and leaves the body as waste.
Más definiciones de intrinsic factorDefinición de intrinsic factor en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.