- A segment of a DNA or RNA molecule which does not code for proteins and interrupts the sequence of genes. Compare with exon1.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- First, many heterochromatic genes have large introns relative to the genome as a whole.
- The coding region is interrupted by several synthetic introns to improve gene expression.
- This finding is the first suggestion that multiple spliceosomal introns occur in ribosomal genes.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The upper band is amplified genomic DNA containing the intronic sequence.
- Even though there was a certain amount of intra-allelic variation in intronic and third codon positions, an allele-specific DNA consensus sequence could be easily deduced.
- In the GART locus, however, simultaneous transcription of the purine gene and the intronic gene seems possible.
Más definiciones de intronDefinición de intron en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.