Definición de intron en inglés:
A segment of a DNA or RNA molecule which does not code for proteins and interrupts the sequence of genes. Compare with exon1.
- First, many heterochromatic genes have large introns relative to the genome as a whole.
- The coding region is interrupted by several synthetic introns to improve gene expression.
- This finding is the first suggestion that multiple spliceosomal introns occur in ribosomal genes.
- Example sentences
- The upper band is amplified genomic DNA containing the intronic sequence.
- Even though there was a certain amount of intra-allelic variation in intronic and third codon positions, an allele-specific DNA consensus sequence could be easily deduced.
- In the GART locus, however, simultaneous transcription of the purine gene and the intronic gene seems possible.
Definición de intron en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan