Definición de intrusive en inglés:
1Causing disruption or annoyance through being unwelcome or uninvited: that was an intrusive question tourist attractions that are environmentally intrusive
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the most intrusive questions come on departure.
- Her tone's informal, friendly and modest, even when she's fending off unwanted or intrusive questions - of which there prove to be several.
- With each intrusive question, I became more stoic and stiff.
invasive, impossible to ignore, high-profile, prominent, unavoidable, inescapable, interrupting, disturbing;
annoying, irritating, irksome
informal in one's face
3 Geology Relating to or formed by intrusion.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Variably serpentinized Devonian mafic and ultramafic intrusive rocks occur in the western and northern parts of the map area.
- The early Permian rifting in the North Atlantic involved siliciclastic sedimentation in extensional basins and widespread extrusive and intrusive magmatic activity.
- In addition, a number of intrusive centres, lava flows and dykes crop out in the NW corner of the island (close to Cap St. Andre).
- intrusively adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The result is ham-handed unrolling of the backstory and awkward dialogue that intrusively narrates when it might better have shut the hell up.
- I've wondered why pop-up ads and new larger sized, intrusively placed ads are so annoying.
- Many local houses will be overshadowed by buildings which are intrusively near and over-sized for the neighbourhood.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Allegedly to reduce the incidence and intrusiveness of such searches, the government is pressing forward with plans to do background checks on travelers, again without regard to suspicion.
- The intrusiveness of electronic surveillance, its great potential for abuse, and its infringement on traditional expectations of privacy all distinguished it from old-fashioned eavesdropping.
- But that hardly eliminates the need for reform, in reducing the severity of sentences and the intrusiveness of drug law enforcement, and shifting to more selective, targeted enforcement.
Palabras que riman con intrusiveabusive, allusive, collusive, conclusive, conducive, delusive, diffusive, effusive, elusive, exclusive, illusive, inclusive, obtrusive, preclusive, reclusive, seclusive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda