1 (usually be inured to) Accustom (someone) to something, especially something unpleasant: these children have been inured to violence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Naturally, Critser found all this perturbing but, like most people, he was inured to the daily diet of doom and gloom fed to him by the press - all the more so since he belongs to its massed ranks himself.
- We are perhaps inured to some of its excesses, but I don't think any Scot does not find it reprehensible.
- After seven years in the firing line with Rangers and three-and-a-half years prising out body pellets at Goodison Park, Smith is inured to criticism.
2 Law variant spelling of enure (sense 1).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Private property is in essence a cluster of rights inuring to the benefit of the owner, freely exchangeable in accordance with the terms of private agreements, and recognized and protected by common consent.
- It inures to the benefit of the victim and the victim's family.
- The higher charge didn't inure to the benefit of the defendants in that case.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The basic prohibition against inurement is found in the Code and is further refined in related regulations.
- Any amount of inurement, no matter how small, can jeopardize an organization's tax-exempt status.
- The IJA is a charitable organization and private benefits and inurements are prohibited by law.
Palabras que riman con inureabjure, adjure, allure, amour, assure, Bahawalpur, boor, Borobudur, Cavour, coiffure, conjure, couture, cure, dastur, de nos jours, doublure, dour, embouchure, endure, ensure, enure, gravure, immature, immure, impure, Jaipur, Koh-i-noor, Kultur, liqueur, lure, manure, moor, Moore, Muir, mure, Nagpur, Namur, obscure, parkour, photogravure, plat du jour, Pompadour, procure, pure, rotogravure, Ruhr, Saussure, secure, simon-pure, spoor, Stour, sure, tour, Tours, velour, Yom Kippur, you're
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda