Never changing: the pattern of cell divisions was found to be invariant
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Skuladottir and Charnov collaborated on a paper in 2000 predicting that indeed there are invariant rules for sex change and presenting shrimp data to bolster their claim.
- The open time constants are invariant to ligand concentrations, suggesting that ligand binds exclusively to the closed channel.
- The results reveal 23 nonsynonymous changes and 127 invariant sites in total in the hinge region.
A function, quantity, or property which remains unchanged when a specified transformation is applied.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- For example, in Euclidean geometry, the relevant invariants are embodied in quantities that are not altered by geometric transformations such as rotations, dilations, and reflections.
- Under their direction he laid the basis for the important work he was later to achieve in the fields of foundations of geometry, projective geometry, topology, differential invariants and spinors.
- At Freiburg, he took a course with Oskar Bolza on the theory of invariants, and a course on differential geometry and a history seminar with Alfred Loewy, one of the two professors at Freiburg.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The very invariance of the universal fossil sequence is the strongest argument against its production in a single gulp.
- Others, notably James Clerk Maxwell, restricted their opposition to the attempts to apply the concept of natural selection outside the biological realm by pointing to the invariances of the microscopic world.
- Hermeneutical realism is not a constructivism because the objects that we perceive to be real exhibit invariances that are not under our control.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: in|vari¦ant
Definición de invariant en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda