Definición de invocation en inglés:
1The action of invoking someone or something: his invocation of the ancient powers of Callanish
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This affinity almost declares itself when he quotes Orwell endorsing Milton's invocation of ‘the known rules of ancient liberty’.
- The client then uses its filter registry to invoke the filters during a subsequent method invocation.
- Nevertheless, and despite Justice Kirby's ringing invocation of abiding freedoms, there are some pretty good reasons why the suppression order might well be regarded as appropriate in this case.
1.1 [count noun] An incantation used to invoke a deity or the supernatural.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the weeks ahead there will also be invocations to the deity.
- As soon as someone tells us how invocations of the supernatural will help us solve a problem, they will be embraced immediately.
- He dug through his list of incantations, invocations and other such spells to little avail.
1.2 [count noun] (In the Christian Church) a form of words such as ‘In the name of the Father’ introducing a prayer, sermon, etc.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thanksgiving and public prayer, the invocation of the name of God at the occasion of any major official gathering, are, in the practical behavior of the nation, a token of this very same spirit and inspiration.
- Make the presentation much more prayerlike, an invocation for the Spirit to help us with our own baptismal vows.
- True to form, he gave what amounted to a sermon, complete with invocations of god and a biblical quotation.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The youth music festival begins with an invocatory violin concert by Malavika and Sharada, both upcoming artistes.
- The hunters’ booming, percussive harp rhythms and urgent invocatory singing seemed to be everywhere.
- This segued into a musical section with the dancers joining the musicians, using gourds to enhance their invocatory circle and line dances.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda