Anger: the plans provoked the ire of conservationists
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's his behaviour that makes me bristle with ire and irritation.
- Jaspers's emphasis on the importance of form over the content of psychopathology provokes the authors' ire.
- Exercising their ire at the moment is the police, with their aggressive attitude towards gun use.
anger, rage, fury, wrath, hot temper, outrage, temper, crossness, spleen;
annoyance, exasperation, irritation, vexation, displeasure, chagrin, pique;
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mr. Rochester was a princely and heroic master, and, despite his ireful frown and brusque, moody manner, Jane felt at ease in his presence.
- Yet another ireful king, Cyrus of Persia, destroyed the river Gyndes because one of his horses drowned in it.
- Their ambivalent ireful mood is a manifestation of the ouroboric primal affect, self-envy.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin ira.
Palabras que riman con ireacquire, admire, afire, applier, aspire, attire, ayah, backfire, barbwire, bemire, briar, buyer, byre, choir, conspire, crier, cryer, defier, denier, desire, dire, drier, dryer, dyer, enquire, entire, esquire, expire, fire, flyer, friar, fryer, Gaia, gyre, hellfire, hire, hiya, Isaiah, jambalaya, Jeremiah, Josiah, Kintyre, latria, liar, lyre, Maia, Maya, Mayer, messiah, mire, misfire, Nehemiah, Obadiah, papaya, pariah, peripeteia, perspire, playa, Praia, prior, pyre, quire, replier, scryer, shire, shyer, sire, skyer, Sophia, spire, squire, supplier, Surabaya, suspire, tier, tire, transpire, trier, tumble-dryer, tyre, Uriah, via, wire, Zechariah, Zedekiah, Zephaniah
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda