- Aiming or aimed at peace.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After all, the Bible contains both rather bloodthirsty works like the Book of Joshua as well as more irenic passages.
- Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the Bishop's irenic tone in this volatile situation.
- So the Church, recognising that its irenic precepts were largely ignored, tried to reduce the savagery of war.
sustantivo(irenics) Volver al principio
- A part of Christian theology concerned with reconciling different denominations and sects.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His thesis was entitled, "Narrative Irenics in the Gospel of Mark," which explores the manner in which the author seeks to build internal unity in his congregation by his methodology of story-telling.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Irenical has become a commonly-used adjective to design an idealist and pacific conception, such as the democratic peace theory.
- One reason for Heidelbergs attractiveness was the combination of its humanistic training program and the irenical and ecumenical theology taught there by internationally recognized professors.
mid 19th century: from Greek eirēnikos, from eirēnē 'peace'. Compare with eirenicon.
Más definiciones de irenicDefinición de irenic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.