- A rigid case fitted over a patient’s body, used for administering prolonged artificial respiration by means of mechanical pumps.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The aircraft configuration accommodated specialized medical equipment such as an iron lung, orthopedic bed, artificial kidney machine, or infant incubator.
- After a visit to America in 1930 he became interested in assisted respiration and he and the hospital engineer built the first iron lung in Britain in their spare time.
- The damaged limbs were often kept immobilized because of the confinement of the iron lung.
Más definiciones de iron lungDefinición de iron lung en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.