Definición de irrefragable en inglés:
Not able to be refuted or disproved; indisputable.
- What remains, then, is the results column: and the indisputable, ineluctable, irrefragable proof that money can buy success in sport.
- There was the irrefragable need for the British to effect transfers of wealth to London on the Company's accounts as well as those of private agents, who were often Company employees.
- So a supporter is by definition powerless; all he can do is make life hell for people and that, football has long agreed, is his irrefragable right.
mid 16th century: from late Latin irrefragabilis, from in- 'not' + refragari 'oppose'.
- Example sentences
- Unless people can irrefragably prove that the rulers seized power wrongfully, they are obliged to submit.
- Yet, as the record showed, there were circumstances irrefragably indicating that some person had gained access to old Jaffrey Pyncheon's private apartments, at or near the moment of his death.
- The African approach to time has delved irrefragably into her very lifeblood.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan