Definición de ism en inglés:
sustantivoinformal , chiefly derogatory
A distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement: he loathed isms and any form of dogma
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some politicos cling to venal isms that stunt their own thinking and the growth of the nation, and delay the maturing of its democracy.
- Ideology was foreign, and impressive-sounding, and was to generate many books with chapters recounting the arguments of the various isms of which political debate is composed.
- What are tools, and what is the nature of their inherence in specific ideologies, isms, and worldviews?
late 17th century: independent usage of -ism.
- Example sentences
- Send some invitations to Libertarians, socialists, centrists; whatever ians and ists there are.
- The program lets biologists, geologists, and other ists imagine earth 5 million, 100 million, and 200 million years from now.
- These followers, the ians, ists, etc. of their chosen Religion are exactly that; a category, a denomination.
Definición de ism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary