1The process or fact of isolating or being isolated: isolation from family and friends may also contribute to anxiety
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A general boycott will help this necessary process of international isolation.
- This suggested a growing mistrust of political institutions and a sense of isolation from the decision-making process.
- No longer will our students and communities need to feel disadvantaged because of isolation or shortage of resources.
separation, segregation, setting apart, keeping apart;
insulation, seclusion, closeting, protection, shielding, partitioning
solitariness, loneliness, friendlessness, lack of contact, (sense of) exile, aloneness
remoteness, seclusion, loneliness, inaccessibility
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting a hospital or ward for patients with contagious or infectious diseases.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- His wife sent him to the local isolation hospital but no patients would share the same ward with him.
- Late closure of isolation wards led to infection of visitors and spread of the disease to the community.
- The isolation ward patients all wear mask themselves, we wear M95 masks when we work in those areas.
1.2 [count noun] An instance of isolating something, especially a compound or microorganism.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- National Institute of Virology, Pune has carried out serological investigations and virus isolations in different parts of the country.
- Each step in the curing procedures was monitored by electrophoresis of plasmid isolations.
- The pre - and post-chlorination bacterial isolations are presented in Table 2.
- Without relation to other people or things; separately: environmental problems must not be seen in isolation from social onesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In our understanding a person can be a person only in relationships, not in isolation.
- Religious and other organisations do not exist in isolation from the military.
- It must be a mixture of chemicals, like alcohol and cocaine, which is far more addictive than either in isolation.
Mid 19th century: from isolate, partly on the pattern of French isolation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda