chiefly North American
- A portable pneumatic hammer or drill.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Landon cracked his eyes open and grimaced in pain from the pounding headache; like an incessant jackhammer drilling into his skull at all angles.
- In Taba, where the blast brought down a 10-storey wing of the resort, Egyptian and Israeli rescuers used everything from jackhammers and drills to dogs and bare hands to search the wreckage.
- In a quiet sidestreet, at 3am, someone was running a bloody jackhammer, drilling up the tarmac.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Beat or hammer heavily or loudly and repeatedly.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Having pinpointed the exact location, the bird goes in for the kill with an elaborate maneuver, kicking its legs out from under its wings and jackhammering its beak a few centimeters into the soil to nab its wriggling breakfast.
- Two workmen are busy jackhammering the footpath.
- After a week of jackhammering the basement, we had ourselves a shiny new sump pump complete with a perimeter drain, battery backup and snazzy cover.
Más definiciones de jackhammerDefinición de jackhammer en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.