sustantivo (plural jaleos)
- 1A lively dance of Andalusian origin, or the music or handclapping which accompanies it.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The jaleo itself is a jotilla, a kind of fandango, but it is based on the Andalusian scale.
- The Spanish Jaleo (also called Chufla) was usually danced impromptu by a supple, agile gypsy with castanets, to a guitar accompaniment and the haunting notes of an ancient love song.
- In Spain, the audiences shout 'jaleos' while the flamenco dancers' footwork and the tapping of her castanets move to the strumming of the guitar.
mid 19th century: Spanish, literally 'halloo'.
Más definiciones de jaleoDefinición de jaleo en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.