- 1A large celebration or party, typically a lavish and boisterous one: the film industry’s annual jamboree in CannesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The party is planning a year-long jamboree to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the birth of Scotland's national poet - and boost Scottish tourism at the same time.
- The diversity of Texas is apparent every month through its colorful festivals, jamborees, cook-offs and celebrations.
- The symbol of regional pride will be hoisted in the city at 7.05 am as thousands of Yorkshire-lovers take part in a countywide jamboree to celebrate the region's qualities.
- 2A large rally of Scouts or Guides.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The 26 acres bring in extra revenue by hosting large events such as Scout jamborees, caravan rallies and game fairs.
- Bernard Clark, Southend district scout commissioner, confirmed five scouts from the Southend district joined the jamboree and one scout leader had been expected to visit the Philippines.
- The Bulgaria Scout Association - which is also celebrating its 80th anniversary this year - has arranged an exhibition of photographs from scout gatherings and jamborees.
mid 19th century (originally US slang): of unknown origin.