Definición de jape en inglés:
A practical joke: the childish jape of depositing a stink bomb in her locker
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If Elizabeth was the King's trusty squire, Margaret was his jester, winning his affection - as she learned to attract social attention - by jokes, japes and mischief.
- Situated just up the road from the national stadium, there was fun, games and jolly japes, allowing young fans and those just young at heart to enjoy their own pre-match entertainment.
- I particularly enjoyed the jolly japes and larks of Ping the Elastic Man, Tin-Can Tommy and Whoopee Hank the slapdash sheriff.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
Say or do something in jest or mockery.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Tama Janowitz, the novelist, was among those who made speeches, and a tape was played showing the designer japing around with Debbie Harry, who was likewise present.
- UPDATE I think I've been japed by this Amazon reviewer… My irony detector must be on the blink this morning.
- I like the way they laugh and jape while queuing for baguettes, chips, burgers or whatever takes their fancy, and I like the way they stand and sit in small groups to take their lunch in good company.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Feminists on Men’ contains more ribald japery about men being stupid.
- Mathews concocts burlesques and parodies of such rare excellence as to put one in mind of the broad literary japery of Terry Southern at his most inspired.
- It is hard to believe that this man captained an Essex side renowned for their humour and jolly japery.
Palabras que riman con japeagape, ape, cape, chape, crape, crêpe, drape, escape, gape, grape, misshape, nape, rape, scrape, shape, tape
Definición de jape en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán