Definición de jape en inglés:
A practical joke: the childish jape of depositing a stink bomb in her locker
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If Elizabeth was the King's trusty squire, Margaret was his jester, winning his affection - as she learned to attract social attention - by jokes, japes and mischief.
- Situated just up the road from the national stadium, there was fun, games and jolly japes, allowing young fans and those just young at heart to enjoy their own pre-match entertainment.
- I particularly enjoyed the jolly japes and larks of Ping the Elastic Man, Tin-Can Tommy and Whoopee Hank the slapdash sheriff.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
Say or do something in jest or mockery.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Tama Janowitz, the novelist, was among those who made speeches, and a tape was played showing the designer japing around with Debbie Harry, who was likewise present.
- UPDATE I think I've been japed by this Amazon reviewer… My irony detector must be on the blink this morning.
- I like the way they laugh and jape while queuing for baguettes, chips, burgers or whatever takes their fancy, and I like the way they stand and sit in small groups to take their lunch in good company.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Feminists on Men’ contains more ribald japery about men being stupid.
- Mathews concocts burlesques and parodies of such rare excellence as to put one in mind of the broad literary japery of Terry Southern at his most inspired.
- It is hard to believe that this man captained an Essex side renowned for their humour and jolly japery.
Definición de jape en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia