(also jessamine /ˈdʒɛsəmɪn/)
Definición de jasmine en inglés:
1An Old World shrub or climbing plant which is popular as an ornamental and bears fragrant white, pink, or yellow flowers.
- Genus Jasminum, family Oleaceae: many species, including the winter jasmine
- The fence will look truly stark and bare when it's gone, so I shall plant three or four vigorous climbing jasmines along it, water, and retire to a safe distance.
- I like the wildness of the two plants that look charming together, with the small white fragrant flowers of the jasmine contrasting beautifully with the reddish purple ones of the clematis.
- She caught a whiff of perfumed fragrance as she passed a row of purple lilacs, and white jasmines.
1.1Used in names of other shrubs or climbers with fragrant flowers, e.g. Cape jasmine, yellow jasmine.
- Some climbing plants such as the Wisteria can be pruned back to this scaffold for many years, while other climbers such as star jasmine are often too vigorous to be trained in this way beyond the second year.
- Cape jasmine is originally a species from temperate climates. In tropical areas it grows well, at altitudes of 400-1200 m. In the tropical lowland it flowers poorly or not at all. It prefers sunny places.
- Yellow Jasmines are little coned shape flowers that you can find growing like a vine on trees.
Definición de jasmine en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan