- 1A medical condition with yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, arising from excess of the pigment bilirubin and typically caused by obstruction of the bile duct, by liver disease, or by excessive breakdown of red blood cells.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In prehepatic jaundice, excess unconjugated bilirubin is produced faster than the liver is able to conjugate it for excretion.
- Eight weeks after starting she developed nausea and weakness quickly followed by yellow jaundice and evidence of liver involvement.
- If untreated, jaundice can lead to infection and abscesses in the liver, which can be fatal.
- 2Bitterness, resentment, or cynicism.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Jaundice connotes bitterness or resentment. Of what is she bitter or resentful? What bitterness or resentment might she be urging upon us?
- Already the jaundice of cynicism and the jaded bitterness of innocence lost cast their hue over my narrative.
Middle English jaunes, from Old French jaunice 'yellowness', from jaune 'yellow'.
Más definiciones de jaundiceDefinición de jaundice en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.