Definición de jaundiced en inglés:
1Affected by jaundice, in particular unnaturally yellow in complexion.
- The 16-year-old was walking in an alleyway between Museum Gardens and Exhibition Square when the man, who had a jaundiced, yellow complexion and bad teeth, approached her.
- Often this is confined to mild anaemia, but in more serious cases the baby is severely anaemic and jaundiced because of the accumulation of bilirubin released from damaged red cells.
- Findings of the physical examination on admission revealed an emaciated, deeply jaundiced man, with orthostatic hypotension and marked dyspnea.
2Affected by bitterness, resentment, or cynicism: they looked on politicians with a jaundiced eye
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Apart from the five years between 1916 and 1921, and during some of the tense moments of the more recent troubles, the majority of people on the island have continued to view republicans with a jaundiced eye.
- The book casts a jaundiced eye on everything from helicopter rescues and large, boisterous groups to the use of cell phones, to which Guy had a particularly strong aversion.
- Because of him, we read everything more closely, with a jaundiced eye, searching for hidden idiocies, subtle contradictions.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan