- Since 1997, Saga has also been running its own cruise business offering everything from three-month round the world cruises to short jaunts to the Norwegian fjords.
- Still, the longer waits will cause some travelers to reconsider taking certain flights, like those for weekend jaunts or short business trips.
- I now carry a repair tool and first aid kit on all ski trips, even short jaunts in the pastures behind our house.
- But instead of settling down in a nice semi-detached with Mrs Che, he got bored with the office job, and went jaunting around South America with his biggest gun.
- I had a really busy September, what with my sister's wedding, jaunting around in DC and Austria that I'm still downloading photos from my camera.
- Ed Stewart, Radio 2 Disc Jockey has been jaunting off to Pattaya to play golf!
Late 16th century: of unknown origin. Originally depreciatory, early senses included 'tire a horse out by riding it up and down', 'traipse about', and (as a noun) 'troublesome journey'. The current positive sense dates from the mid 17th century.
Palabras que riman con jauntavaunt, daunt, flaunt, gaunt, haunt, taunt, vaunt
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.