Definición de javelin en inglés:
1A light spear thrown in a competitive sport or as a weapon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Light cavalry carried a small sword and two or three javelins while the heavy force was equipped with scimitar, mace and a 4 meter lance.
- They were poised to throw their spears and javelins but I had a sudden impulse to stop them.
- To gain some protection by distancing themselves from the dangers of close combat, early fighters used throwing weapons - slings, bows, javelins, and spears.
1.1 (the javelin) The athletic sport of throwing a javelin: his nearest rival in the javelin
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She also won gold at other athletics events including the javelin, cross-country and 100m.
- The ancient Greeks pioneered several complex athletic techniques, especially in events such as the javelin and long-jump.
- I think this time round I'm just going to be concentrating on doing some throwing events, like the javelin, the discus and the shot putt.
Palabras que riman con javelinravelin
Definición de javelin en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia