Definición de jawbone en inglés:
A bone of the jaw, especially that of the lower jaw (the mandible), or either half of this.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In addition to the embryos and eye, the fossil find includes portions of a snout plus jawbones, skull bones, cheekbones, and teeth.
- French and American paleotologists held that the jawbone and skull were obviously from two different animals and that their discovery was an accident of placement.
- The man's skeleton was missing its lower legs, while the woman's skull had lost its jawbone.
verbo[with object] North American informal Volver al principio
Use one’s position or authority to pressure (someone) to do something: the Treasury could jawbone the banks into lending more to small businesses
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is a downside to propping up the dollar, particularly for American manufacturers, which is why the administration has been jawboning the Big Three to let the dollar slide a bit.
- More important, Greenspan is jawboning the bond market into believing that the specter of deflation will stop the Fed from tightening monetary policy anytime soon.
- But it's very ironic to me that this is a White House that has not been particularly helpful to the press, and now they're jawboning the press.
Palabras que riman con jawbonethigh bone • marrowbone
Definición de jawbone en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda