Definición de jawbone en inglés:
A bone of the jaw, especially that of the lower jaw (the mandible), or either half of this.
- In addition to the embryos and eye, the fossil find includes portions of a snout plus jawbones, skull bones, cheekbones, and teeth.
- French and American paleotologists held that the jawbone and skull were obviously from two different animals and that their discovery was an accident of placement.
- The man's skeleton was missing its lower legs, while the woman's skull had lost its jawbone.
verbo[with object] North American informal Volver al principio
Use one’s position or authority to pressure (someone) to do something: the Treasury could jawbone the banks into lending more to small businesses
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is a downside to propping up the dollar, particularly for American manufacturers, which is why the administration has been jawboning the Big Three to let the dollar slide a bit.
- More important, Greenspan is jawboning the bond market into believing that the specter of deflation will stop the Fed from tightening monetary policy anytime soon.
- But it's very ironic to me that this is a White House that has not been particularly helpful to the press, and now they're jawboning the press.
Definición de jawbone en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan