- With a sudden jerk of his head, the silent constable directed her roughly inside.
- She was about to open her mouth to scream when she felt a sudden jerk.
- The kids felt a sudden sideways jerk as a whining noise began to permeate the room.
- When the myoclonic jerks are unilateral, a more serious condition is often suspected.
- This attitude by Christians will accompany experiences that are ‘all spasmodic, full of jerks and starts.’
- With a lot of prodding and poking and pushing and cajoling, it set off with a spasmodic jerk.
- Begin your sessions with exercises like deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, and bench presses.
- The lying French press is critical in the iron sports, including the jerk in weightlifting and the bench press in power-lifting.
- I would have 860 lb weights on my shoulders and would do one-arm jerks with 120 lb weights.
- Although I think it's foolish and her boyfriend is a jerk for suggesting it, I am more concerned about the value and safety of this thing.
- We're all looking like incompetent jerks right now.
- I'm willing to say that yes, I am a moron, and a jerk, and I will pay all costs for your heel and dress to be cleaned and fixed.
verboVolver al principio
- Cold leathery fingers suddenly grabbed Niall by the chin and jerked his head forward as the other High Sablebloods moved in for the kill.
- Fleur remembered the crease under her chin and unconsciously jerked her neck backwards.
- I jerked up my chin to see my uncles had already cast down their shovels.
- Never jerk the weight up; control it throughout the movement.
- Make sure not to swing or jerk the weight, as this is a sure-fire way to pull something.
- If you have to jerk the weight, it is probably too heavy, which can lead to strain and injury.
mid 16th century (denoting a stroke with a whip): probably imitative.
Verbos con partícula
jerk someone around
- North American informal Deal with someone dishonestly or unfairly.Example sentences
- As long as your friends are true to you, I'd speculate that your boyfriend is jerking you around.
- They take advantage of having a tiny bit of power over other people because they totally get off on jerking them around.
- If they jerk you around, get over it - you can always move!
- vulgar slang , chiefly North American Masturbate.
- Example sentences
- To me, and I am not one of those free market knee jerkers who like Bobby McFerrin sing, don't worry, be happy.
- The woman was wearing a men's jerker with a black vest and loose, tan trousers.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
sustantivo[mass noun, often as modifier] Volver al principio
- The basement area will be opened with live music, and the samba and the liming will make this joint hotter than jerk chicken.
- As you might expect, jerk chicken, fish and fresh fruit are staples on this menu.
- I like all the curries and this jerk chicken with the rice and a great selection of vegetables.
early 18th century: from Latin American Spanish charquear, from charqui, from Quechua echarqui 'dried flesh'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.