Definición de jet stream en inglés:
1A narrow variable band of very strong predominantly westerly air currents encircling the globe several miles above the earth. There are typically two or three jet streams in each of the northern and southern hemispheres: brief bursts of cold air have been blown into the region by the jet stream
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The easterly jet is replaced by a narrow westerly subtropical jet stream on the southern edge of the Himalaya.
- Previous studies have shown that during the solar maximum, the jet stream in the Northern Hemisphere moves northward.
- The jet stream is a band of very strong winds at around 30,000 ft above the surface of the Earth, which controls the weather that we see on the ground.
2A flow of exhaust gases from a jet engine.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then just under 24 hours later, I hear it again, but still have no luck spotting the airplane - or even her jet stream.
- Strange that a jet stream can find a straight path through a bunch of constantly clashing asteroids as big as apartment buildings.
- The two missiles screamed through the air pushed on by a jet stream of fire and leaving a long trail of smoke.
Definición de jet stream en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda