sustantivo[mass noun] • informal , chiefly British
- Deceitful or dishonest behaviour: the army’s intervention was disguised by constitutional jiggery-pokeryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But this bit of scientific jiggery-pokery leaves my mind in an even more boggled state than usual.
- However, they only managed to conjure this up by jiggery-pokery.
- Why does that require ‘work’, unless there's some jiggery-pokery going on to ensure that the chart doesn't actually reflect the real numbers?
late 19th century: probably a variant of Scots joukery-pawkery, from jouk.
Más definiciones de jiggery-pokeryDefinición de jiggery-pokery en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.