Definición de journey en inglés:
sustantivo (plural journeys)
- The trip is marked down as a return journey, but it is not known when he went back to the capital.
- He was halfway through on his return journey when a light flicked on in the passageway.
- I bought a paper on the return journey last night and had a go at the crossword.
- His new book, Death by Meeting, is a journey into meeting hell.
- He travels out to Africa incognito to re-deliver the feathers personally: a perilous journey of redemption.
- Then he should have prepared his reader for the journey they were embarking upon.
verbo (journeys, journeying, journeyed)[no object, with adverbial of direction] Volver al principio
- He traveled the world, and everywhere he journeyed, he offered help and kindness.
- These carriages journeyed on railways throughout the country and traveled to the most remote villages.
- But he has other reasons for journeying to a part of the world which he ‘loves everything about.’
- 1journeyer sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was quickly and quietly that the two journeyers traveled to the Commons.
- For example, the only weapons the journeyers learned about were to catch their dinner.
- They also wanted to leave some for the other journeyers that would come along.
Middle English: from Old French jornee 'day, a day's travel, a day's work' (the earliest senses in English), based on Latin diurnum 'daily portion', from diurnus (see diurnal).
Palabras que riman con journeyattorney, Burney, Czerny, Ernie, ferny, gurney, Verny
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.