Definición de joust en inglés:
- The two of them flew towards each other at breakneck speeds, like knights jousting.
- We do all the medieval arts like jousting and sparring, things of that nature.
- There is a medieval theme and entertainment including knights, jousting and brass bands.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- It speaks of jousts, tournaments, wizards, falconry, enchantresses, damsels in distress, wars, quests, and the code of chivalry.
- Along with their other accessories, the warriors' elaborate dress suggests that they brought both wealth and pageantry to combat, which Donnan likens to medieval jousts.
- Anne was once more pregnant but at the end of the month, alarmed by news of Henry's heavy fall at a joust, she gave premature birth to a dead son.
adjust from early 17th century:
The notion of ‘bringing in close proximity’ is present in adjust. The source was the obsolete French verb adjuster, from Old French ajoster ‘to approximate’, based on Latin ad- ‘to’ and juxta ‘near’, source of words such as joust (Middle English) originally to ‘bring near to join battle’ and juxtapose (mid 19th century) ‘place near’.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Adam gave his best angry glare at the jouster and they retreated.
- The transaction generated six pieces of paper, each as long as a jouster's lance.
- The practice arena was for the jousters and swordsmen.
Palabras que riman con joustFaust, frowst, oust, roust
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.