Definición de joy en inglés:
- My head rang with pain but I was alive, and the thought made me want to jump for joy.
- I wanted to jump for joy as I followed him out of the parking lot and up to the front of school.
- She packed up her flute and left the band room, wanting to run in to a corner and jump for joy.
- From her I discovered simple joys like listening for the cuckoo and hearing stories around the fire.
- One of the great joys of living in Toronto is the city's constant state of evolution.
- In spite of the indoor winter joys of heaters and comfort foods, something needs to be done.
verbo[no object] literary Volver al principio
- It took 52 years for Sri Lanka to do it - when Susanthika mounted the medal ceremony podium on Thursday night to receive her bronze, millions of Sri Lankans around the world joyed in jubilation.
- 1be full of the joys of spring
- Be lively and cheerful.Oraciones de ejemplo
- He seems full of the joys of spring for some reason.
- No doubt others will pitch in tomorrow, but the Indy, which has the exclusive on this, is full of the joys of spring.
- There have been days when I've jumped out of bed full of the joys of spring, opened the mail and felt like crawling back under the duvet.
- 2wish someone joy
- British , chiefly ironic Congratulate someone: I wish you joy of your marriageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The community wish them joy, good wishes and congratulations.
- He wouldn't dance at her wedding - had turned down the invitation - but he wished her joy.
- I did not know what to say to Yrling, and so said simply, ‘My Lord, I wish you joy.’
Middle English: from Old French joie, based on Latin gaudium, from gaudere 'rejoice'.
Joy is from Old French joie, based on Latin gaudium, from gaudere ‘rejoice’. In rejoice (Middle English) the re- makes the sense more intense; enjoy (Late Middle English) comes from the Old French enjoier ‘give joy to’.
Palabras que riman con joyahoy, alloy, Amoy, annoy, boy, buoy, cloy, coy, destroy, employ, enjoy, Hanoi, hoi polloi, hoy, Illinois, koi, oi, ploy, poi, Roy, savoy, soy, tatsoi, toy, trompe l'œil, troy
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.