Definición de joyless en inglés:
Not giving or feeling any pleasure or satisfaction; grim or dismal: she had to face the thought of a joyless future
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's a bit like scratching an unbearable itch: a completely satisfying activity, but joyless at the same time.
- All the characters lead dismal, joyless lives.
- This grim, joyless motion picture is anything but fun.
gloomy, melancholy, morose, lugubrious, glum, sombre, saturnine, sullen, dour, mirthless, humourless;
unhappy, sad, miserable, depressed, despondent, sunk in gloom, heavy-hearted, doleful, downcast, dejected, dispirited
depressing, cheerless, gloomy, dreary, bleak, dispiriting, drab, dismal, desolate, wretched, comfortless, austere, stark, sombre, grim;
- Example sentences
- The image of Atta joylessly spooning cold mashed potato into his mouth, taken with everything else we know, strongly suggested a man for whom this world mattered little.
- Given these constraints, as oppressive as the white tie and collar studs the men joylessly wear, the actors give focused, intelligent performances.
- Ady's poems became required reading joylessly recited by generations of Hungarian schoolchildren in bombastic voices of patriotism.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan