1A ride for enjoyment in a vehicle or aircraft.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The plaintiff not only accepted the offer of being taken for a joyride in the aircraft, but actively sought it.
- The plaintiff went for a joyride in a light aircraft piloted by the defendant in the knowledge that the defendant was extremely drunk.
- If Richard Branson were to build a passenger-carrying rocket for joyrides into space, would you go?
1.1 informal A fast and dangerous ride in a stolen vehicle: they went for a joyride
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is, alas, an all-too-familiar scene on the streets of Rochdale as car crime soars and thieves think nothing of ending a night's joyride by destroying the vehicle.
- Eventually we catch him with our bike as he goes for a joyride right back to where he stole it from.
- There's a tracking device in every ship, in case someone decides to go for a joyride or something like this.
Definición de joyride en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda