Definición de jubilee en inglés:
1A special anniversary of an event, especially one celebrating twenty-five or fifty years of a reign or activity: to celebrate its jubilee, the club is holding a tournament [as modifier]: jubilee celebrations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A Department of Culture, Media and Sport spokeswoman said the Queen had expressed the wish that taxpayers' money should not be used to celebrate her jubilee.
- To celebrate the jubilee the County Carlow Association London has decided to record the history of their association.
- If you have nothing planned to celebrate the jubilee try to go along for a great day out.
3A period of remission from the penal consequences of sin, granted by the Roman Catholic Church under certain conditions for a year, usually at intervals of twenty-five years.
- We learn that the Society of Jesus was missing from the 1775 jubilee because the Jesuit general was in prison in the Castel Sant'Angelo while the order underwent a process of suppression.
- Bocelli was the official voice of the church's jubilee in the year 2000 and knew the pope for a long time.
- Business increased by 21 per cent last year, with 25,000 making the trip during the Catholic Church's jubilee year.