sustantivo (plural juncos or juncoes)
- A North American songbird related to the buntings, with mainly grey and brown plumage.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Junco, family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizinae): three or four species
- On the lake itself, we mainly saw the same woodpeckers, gulls, goldfinch, robins, waxwings, juncos, and other common birds spotted last year.
- The seeds of this columbine are sought after by small birds, such as song sparrows, juncos, and many others.
- ‘We're already seeing robins, goldfinches, juncos and pine siskens,’ she said, and staffers have heard a few bluebirds lately.
early 18th century (originally 'reed bunting'): from Spanish, from Latin juncus 'rush, reed'.
Más definiciones de juncoDefinición de junco en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.