Definición de jungle en inglés:
- Such terrain includes cities, jungles, and dense forests, but it also includes open terrain when it is mountainous or broken, affording the enemy numerous hiding places.
- He fell on top of a colossal butte overlooking a dense jungle.
- Your guide will lead you through miles of old cane lands, tropical forests, and jungles rich with magnificent scenery.
- The tops of the washing machines are covered by a jungle of well-watered pot plants.
- My carpaccio was passable, but far too sparse and hidden beneath a jungle of foliage.
- We sit there sometimes, but prefer the front, which is more like a jungle of plants where coffee refills are 10 minutes apart.
- Perhaps, our urban jungle is just as bewildering for the old man and his daughter.
- But the European airline industry remains an insane jungle of bizarre and complex rules.
- I know it's shameless, but the publishing world is a competitive jungle and, hey, you have to grab what chances you can.
- On your old website, you mentioned that you both grew up listening to hip-hop, reggae and jungle.
- ‘He's been working on free jazz, hip hop, jungle and house,’ he says.
- Furthermore, his contributions to electronica paved the way for genres such as acid house, deep house, jungle, and drum & bass.
the law of the jungle
- The principle that those who are strong and apply ruthless self-interest will be most successful: power politics reflected the law of the jungleMás ejemplos en oraciones
the survival of the fittest, each/every man for himself, dog-eat-dog
- He viewed the world as one where the law of the jungle prevailed and the strong could kill the weak.
- Otherwise, we simply have the law of the jungle.
- His colleagues, who recounted the story, called his decision prudent in a city ruled by the law of the jungle for more than a year.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- One of the guests has been scuba diving off that jungled shoreline we passed, and on the bottom he found a ship's canon from around Nelson's time.
- Instead we are moving the mail over distances of hundreds of miles - over jungled mountains and high palmy savannahs - using high-frequency radio.
- They planned a development of high-rise hotels, the jungled hills denuded and flattened for airstrips, a restaurant built over the fragile coral reefs we had explored all week.
junglist sustantivo& adjetivo
- sense 2.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then he adds a surging bassline that would be a balm on any junglist dancefloor.
- The Subterranean Sound guys heat things up as well, with the return of their junglist ways.
- It's a little too jazzy for my tastes at first, but the last hour is great, sweaty, junglist action.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- As a consequence, the garden has become somewhat jungly.
- If you want to create a jungly otherworld at the bottom of your garden, then you should definitely go green.
- The female crooners, the slightly jungly beats, the hip-hop influence, the somewhat pop sensibility; it's all here.
This Hindi word has a root in the Sanskrit for ‘rough and arid’, and in Indian use jungle first meant simply ‘rough, uncultivated ground, wasteland’ rather than ‘land overgrown with dense forest and tangled vegetation’. The law of the jungle is from The Jungle Book ( 1894) by Rudyard Kipling. In Kipling's book, the law of the jungle is not necessarily selfish: ‘Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky…the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.’ Since the 1920s a concrete jungle has been an unattractive urban area perceived as a harsh, unpleasant environment, where the ‘law of the jungle’ prevails. Blackboard Jungle was the title of the 1954 novel by Evan Hunter about an undisciplined school, filmed the following year.
Palabras que riman con junglebungle, fungal
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.