Definición de junta en inglés:
1A military or political group that rules a country after taking power by force: the country’s ruling military junta
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the 1960s the Ecuadorian Communist Party hailed the military junta that came to power with the backing of the CIA.
- As prime minister he handed over power to a military junta in 1971.
- Over 30,000 people were killed as a military junta which seized power in 1976 unleashed terror against all opposition.
2 historical A deliberative or administrative council in Spain or Portugal.
- A Supreme Central Junta met in Aranjuez on 25 September 1808.
- It is said that the Central Junta of the Carlist organization is to meet today to discuss means to procure funds to support an insurrection in Catalonia.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia