Definición de kachina en inglés:
sustantivo (plural kachinas)
1A deified ancestral spirit in the mythology of Pueblo Indians.
- It's not like me telling people; it's the kachina spirits.
- This style is also worn by the Longhair kachina, one of the important Hopi spirits who live in the Peaks and bring rain to Hopiland.
- Among the Hopi, the kachinas are said to live in the San Francisco peaks near Flagstaff.
1.1 (also kachina dancer) A person who represents a kachina in ceremonial dances.
- The ripe corn is eaten; corn pollen and meal are used in kiva ceremonies and at kachina dances.
- Some ceremonials, such as the Zuni Shalakos, feature kachinas in ten-foot high costumes.
- Warrior katsinas arrive to punish the clowns for licentious behavior and teach them good Hopi behavior: modest and quiet in conduct, careful and decorous in speech, abstemious and sharing about food, and unselfish about other things.
1.2 (also kachina doll) A small carved figure representing a kachina.
- Commercial art includes the making of kachina dolls, silver jewelry, woven baskets, and pottery.
- Taught by his uncle, Leo has been carving katsinas for more than 20 years, starting at the age of 15.
- As the rugs, baskets, ceramics, katsinas, etc., etc., etc. quickly sell, Opice must get the sales information into his database.
Definición de kachina en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan