Definición de kachina en inglés:
sustantivo (plural kachinas)
1A deified ancestral spirit in the mythology of Pueblo Indians.
- It's not like me telling people; it's the kachina spirits.
- This style is also worn by the Longhair kachina, one of the important Hopi spirits who live in the Peaks and bring rain to Hopiland.
- Among the Hopi, the kachinas are said to live in the San Francisco peaks near Flagstaff.
1.1 (also kachina dancer) A person who represents a kachina in ceremonial dances.
- The ripe corn is eaten; corn pollen and meal are used in kiva ceremonies and at kachina dances.
- Some ceremonials, such as the Zuni Shalakos, feature kachinas in ten-foot high costumes.
- Warrior katsinas arrive to punish the clowns for licentious behavior and teach them good Hopi behavior: modest and quiet in conduct, careful and decorous in speech, abstemious and sharing about food, and unselfish about other things.
1.2 (also kachina doll) A small carved figure representing a kachina.
- Commercial art includes the making of kachina dolls, silver jewelry, woven baskets, and pottery.
- Taught by his uncle, Leo has been carving katsinas for more than 20 years, starting at the age of 15.
- As the rugs, baskets, ceramics, katsinas, etc., etc., etc. quickly sell, Opice must get the sales information into his database.
Definición de kachina en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia