- A tall coniferous New Zealand tree which is used for its timber and resin.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Podocarpus (or Dacrycarpus) dacrydioides, family Podocarpaceae
- If you walk up through Talbot Forest you will be in native forest with fine totara, matai and kahikatea and you will hear the calls of native birds, especially the trilling song of the grey warbler.
- That was the first she had heard of her dad's plan to mill kahikatea (white pine), which would later be made into boxes for butter and cheese.
- By 1907 the mill was a sizable operation employing 11 men and turning out 350,000 super feet of sawn rimu and kahikatea a year.
early 19th century: from Maori.
Más definiciones de kahikateaDefinición de kahikatea en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.