- 1A native or inhabitant of Hawaii.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The formula endorsed by kanakas and haoles alike is to divide by two: A 6-foot island wave is about 12 feet high.
- As the nineteenth century drew to a close, disputes arose between the Kanaka and those of foreign descent.
- 2 • historical A Pacific Islander employed as an indentured labourer in Australia, especially in the sugar and cotton plantations of Queensland.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Kanakas had been aboard the first exploration and trading ships to reach the Pacific Northwest Coast.
- During the late 1860s and early 1870s, "recruiters" ranged the South Seas in search of kanakas to work Queensland sugar and cotton plantations.
- Concurrently several of us were off the map hanging with the kanakas out in the Sandwich Islands.
Hawaiian, literally 'man'.
Más definiciones de kanakaDefinición de kanaka en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.