A seed-eating hopping rodent with large cheek pouches and long hind legs, found from Canada to Mexico.
- Genus Dipodomys, family Heteromyidae: several species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her research on the banner-tailed kangaroo rat, a rodent that lives in the desert southwest of the United States, shows evidence of foot-drumming used to communicate territorial ownership.
- The kangaroo rat has long hind legs on which it hops - a bit like its Australian namesake in miniature.
- Randall and Matocq showed that gopher snakes respond to footdrumming of the banner-tailed kangaroo rat.
Definición de kangaroo rat en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.