- A New Zealand tree with orange berries containing seeds which are poisonous unless roasted.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Corynocarpus laevigata, family Corynocarpaceae
- I helped my friend at one stage to collect the seeds of karakas.
- She writes very sensitively about them, and events that could be scoffed at by outsiders (such as one member shaking hands with a karaka tree on the first pilgrimage to Waitangi) are treated openly and honestly.
- The dominant species in the bush is the karaka, but there is also mahoe (whiteywood).
mid 19th century: from Maori.