Definición de karst en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Geology
Landscape underlain by limestone which has been eroded by dissolution, producing ridges, towers, fissures, sinkholes and other characteristic landforms: [count noun]: it was strange country, broken into hummocks and karsts and mesas parts of the karst are barren and treeless volcanic topography superficially resembling true karst
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Subsidence sinkholes are diagnostic landforms of karst, which form in unconsolidated soils or drift deposits overlying cavernous limestone.
- The underlying limestone karst topography allows water to flow in abundant underground rivers, feeding the numerous springs, which flow into the many creeks and streams.
- The sequence overlies Upper Triassic to Upper Cretaceous rocks and locally covers Palaeogene karst bauxite deposits.
late 19th century: from German der Karst, the name of a limestone region in Slovenia.
- Example sentences
- However, karstic topography and presence of older structures makes identification of Tertiary faults difficult in many places.
- The last is at a karstic horizon, rendering correlation of the top of the older stage difficult.
- Aeolian processes are generally restricted to the entrances of karstic caves.
- Example sentences
- The upper surface of the bed is riddled with rhizoliths and dark gray wispy seams, indicating post-depositional karstification of the shelf.
- Defining the timing of karstification in a specific geologic setting is often a challenging task.
- Evidence is found in the seismic data for karstification on top of the San Andres Formation.
karstify verbo (karstifies, karstifying, karstified)
- in glacial periods reefs would only have been karstified and not destroyedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Massive, very pure limestones karstify best and an essential prerequisite is that the main body of rock is impermeable.
- The top of the lower unit is an irregular, strongly cemented surface whereas that of the middle unit is a karstified surface.
- The karstified limestone acts as an aquifer where water can be stored and later extracted by humans.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan