sustantivo (plural katipos)
- A highly venomous New Zealand spider which is black with a red spot on the back, closely related to the American black widow.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Latrodectus mactans katipo, family Theridiidae
- Like others of this kind, the katipo lives for only a year, just time to produce the next year's generation.
- The katipo spider is a coastal sand dune specialist, and is mostly found on the dunes of warm sandy beaches.
- The red katipo is endangered because its habitats are being destroyed by forestry.
mid 19th century: from Maori.