Definición de keep good or bad time en inglés:
1(Of a clock or watch) record time accurately (or inaccurately).
- It was a matter of pride to possess a clock that kept good time and people went to great lengths to secure it.
- So it was a privilege for me to be get up close to see the ingenious workings of Harrison's magnificent clock, still keeping good time, nearly 300 years after it was made.
- Officials from the town hall were called in to investigate and promised that the clock would be keeping good time again as soon as possible.
2(Of a person) be habitually punctual (or not punctual).
- Shallow water is the best place to find and catch barble and they normally move into these areas at about 10am although they do not keep time well.
- In law firms this is of particular importance as firms are looking for people who are able to keep time well as their whole income depends upon it.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan